The Tyfu Cymru Christmas Tree Network is delighted to be hosting a return study Visit to the farm of Hans and Julie Alexandersen, after the request of several growers. Founded by Hans Alexandersen, Chairman of the British Christmas Tree Growers Association and a passionate grower with over 27 years’ experience. The Farm is situated south of Guildford & in close proximity to several other medium & large conurbations in affluent Surrey/West Sussex. Trees are produced on a wide range of soil types from sands prone to erosion & heavy clay/clay loams. Some of the sites used for tree production are also susceptible to spring frosts.
The Study visit will include visits to several of the farms Christmas tree plantations to look at & discuss:
• Pest & disease problems affecting tree production at Santa Fir Tree Farm & where applicable potential controls that might be employed
• Factors affecting the suitability of fields for the production of Nordman fir
• Weed control prior to, in the planting & tree establishment years
• Potential threats to Christmas tree production on this site & elsewhere in the UK
• The potential of pruning of Nordman fir for tree shaping & vigour control
For further information on Santa Fir Christmas trees please refer to their website https://www.hanschristmasandersen.co.uk/christmas-trees/
This study visit is Funded by Tyfu Cymru, and lunch will be provided.
To express an interest in attending the study visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas tree network study trip
3rd August 2021, | Zoom