A grower’s guide to registering with Farming Connect

Farming connect offers funded tailored support and specialist training

  • Eligibility Criteria for Farming Connect can be checked here!
  • To register with Farming Connect complete the registration form.
  • The main requirement for registration is a Customer Reference Number (CRN).

(It is feasible to register without a CPH or Forestry Holdings Number)

Please contact the Farming Connect Service centre on 03456 000813 for additional support and information.

To get a Customer Reference Number (CRN) you need to register with the Welsh Government. Please refer to the Welsh Government website for the how to register guidance or call the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 062 5004.

If you need assistance with the above, Farm Liaison Service | GOV.WALES can help. Please refer to the Contact the Farm Liaison Service | GOV.WALES webpage to find the details of your local Farm Liaison Officer.

Category Options

Niche farming / horticulture systems under 3ha

  • If the area of your land is below 3ha it is classed as a niche farming/horticulture system. All niche farming /horticulture systems must meet the >550 standard labour hours requirement per annum.

New entrant - New farmers/horticulturalists, with the training and experience to set up a new farm/horticulture business.

  • Individuals already living in Wales who plan to establish a new business. Individuals must have a relevant college/further education qualification and/or have gained a minimum of 2 years work experience in the sector. (See eligibility criteria for further details).


Once your application is successful and you are registered with Farming Connect, contact your Farming Connect Local Development Officer, who can help book you onto the relevant clinics/workshops and arrange Advisory Support.