A grower’s guide to registering with Farming Connect
Farming connect registration provides access to Mentoring, three instances of advisory support inc. technical advice. (Training extends to partners, family etc.)
(Restrictions may apply if area of land is below 3ha – see below for further details)
- Eligibility Criteria for Farming Connect can be checked here!
- To register with Farming Connect complete the registration form.
- The main requirement for registration is a Customer Reference Number (CRN).
(It is feasible to register without a CPH or Forestry Holdings Number)
To get a Customer Reference Number (CRN) you need to register with the Welsh Government. Please refer to the Welsh Government website for the how to register guidance or call the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 062 5004.
If you need assistance with the above, Farm Liaison Service | GOV.WALES can help. Please refer to the Contact the Farm Liaison Service | GOV.WALES webpage to find the details of your local Farm Liaison Officer.
- If the area of your land is below 3ha it is classed as a niche farming/forestry system.
- If your business operation requires below the 550hours/year threshold your application can still be considered, but you would be required to provide evidence that you hold a qualification* relevant to your enterprise.
*All participants must demonstrate a clear commitment to the agriculture/forestry industry in Wales by having;
- Qualification at Further Education level or higher in Agriculture, Forestry, or relevant Land Management subject
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working within the Agriculture/Forestry industry
Also, the benefits are restricted under this category to 1 instance of advisory support being a Business Plan, access to only 3 training courses and not eligible for the surgeries/clinics mentioned below.
Once your application is successful and you are registered with Farming Connect, contact your Farming Connect Local Development Officer, who can help book you onto the relevant clinics/workshops and arrange Advisory Support.
1:1 training/advice is 80% funded, A group of businesses (min 3 – max 8) can receive 100% funded training.