For the first time Tyfu Cymru will be hosting a “Growers’ Market” at the RWAS Smallholding & Countryside Festival on the 18th and 19th May at the Royal Welsh Showground in Builth Wells.
We look forward to welcoming Welsh growers including Farmyard Nurseries, Flowers from the Farm, Honey Brook Nurseries, the National Botanic Garden of Wales and West Wales Willows to the ‘Growers’ Market’.
Farmyard Nurseries is a gold medal winning nursery based in Llandusyl, Carmarthenshire. They have successfully exhibited at various RHS shows, including Cardiff, Hampton Court and Tatton Park and even won gold at the Chelsea Flower Show in 2007. We can’t wait to see their display!
- Flowers from the Farm is a multi-award-winning, not-for-profit, co-operative of British cut flower growers. Their aim is to promote British flowers and encourage more people to grow cut flowers for the market in Britain. At the RWAS Smallholding & Countryside Festival they will have a display from various Welsh flower growers and fresh flowers for sale.
- Growing the Future at the National Botanic Garden is a five-year project to champion Welsh horticulture, protect wildlife and growing plants for fun, food, health and well-being. Their stand will give you information about their work, events and courses available and they are planning to have a beeswax candle workshop and a bug hotel building demonstration.
- West Wales Willows are established their willow growing business in Carmarthen in 2000 and have been growing ever since. Their business is offering living willow cuttings and rods to buy, willow weaving workshops and various willow products, from baskets to ornaments and rabbit toys. During the festival you can find out how to grow your own willow, purchase potted willow plants and ornaments or watch how to weave a willow basket.
- Digital Farm will showcase State-of-the-art horticulture technology proven in Wales. Digital Farming is showcasing various modern methods of growing produce.
- The Tyfu Cymru project team will be on hand during the festival, make sure you visit our stand to meet and speak directly to the team, and to see how we can support your horticulture business through funded training, events, advice and workshops.
We will be offering Q&As with the growers throughout the two days, have stunning displays of flowers and plants and of course provide ample opportunities to purchase plants, flowers and produce.
Our specialist growers will also be hosting short ‘Grower Talks’, so make sure you check out the blackboard for the daily schedule, or keep an eye on our social media.
So, whether you would like to find out about shade loving plants, build a bug hotel, have a look at willow weaving, pick up some fresh flowers or say hello to us at the Tyfu Cymru stand– come and visit the Tyfu Cymru’s Growers’ Market in the Welcome Area of the Royal Welsh Showground. We will be open form 9am until 6pm on both days and look forward to seeing you there!
Tickets for the Festival can be purchased here: