How to tender and increase commercial opportunities
Lantra Building, Royal Welsh Showground, Builth Wells, LD2 3WY
Tuesday 22nd January 2019, 10am-3pm.
Tyfu Cymru to host a 100% funded, short, practical workshop by procurement expert Elizabeth Callard. Elizabeth is a leading procurement expert and her workshops are in high demand. Elizabeth can offer horticulture businesses insights to the procurement process, bust myths and enable you to best position your business to win contracts.
In 2015-16, public bodies in Wales spent around £6 billion through procurement on a range of goods, services and works.
Preparing tenders can help you win new customers and increase commercial opportunities, but it can also be time-consuming, cost money and tie up valuable resources. If you don't get the contract, the money and time spent is usually lost, so understanding the tendering process, how you can position yourself above other businesses and strategies is vital.
Whether you want to better understand what buyers are looking for in a supplier or want help and practical guidance in developing your skills and knowledge to successfully tender for contracts, these workshops will cover the procurement process from start to finish.
Understand the procurement process
Increase your chance of success when tendering
- Gain insight in to benefits of tendering for public or private sector contracts
- Listen to industry experts on topics to help you succeed
- Practical advice and actions for finding contracts and submitting tenders
- Hear from procurement expert Elizabeth Callard
- Register for opportunities and seek out contracts relevant to your business
- Top tips on writing bids and articulating your offer and communicating your experience, track record and expertise.
- Get an overview of the services and support available from TyfuCymru to support Wales’ commercial growers
Nigel Sheldon, from Wrenvale Nurseries & Landscapes says:
"I felt as a small business that finding time and understanding the technical terms for some tenders difficult. Elizabeth Callard’s expertise in evaluating tenders and applying the correct information was excellent and highlighted some of the glaring mistakes done by myself on previous tenders. We have had a 100% success rate when we have used her services. I would not hesitate to recommend Elizabeth Callard to other businesses."
This event is free of charge and open to commercial growers who have capacity to tender for and deliver large scale contracts, however spaces are limited.
To register please visit: How to tender and increase commercial opportunities
Lunch will be provided, therefore please state if you have any dietary or access requirements.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org